Home remodeling is booming. Home renovations have been on the rise since the beginning of the pandemic. In 2020, CNBC reported on a survey from Houzz, an online home remodeling platform, where they showed a 58% annual increase in year-over-year project leads for home professionals.
And there’s no sign of a slowdown yet. A little over 1 year later, Business Wire is reporting that they expect an 11% increase for home remodeling in 2021. Positive sentiment among residential contractors is at record levels.
Another recent survey from Houzz reported that home renovation spending has grown 15% in the last year. Smart technology, kitchen, and outdoor renovations are among the hottest trends.
Where do all of those new customers find contractors to do their projects? The simple answer is online. They are looking for contractors that they can trust to do a good job or a reasonable price. In most cases, customers are turning to reviews to help them make their final decision.
5 reasons why reviews are so important for contractors:
- Builds Trust – Consider this…According to a survey from Bright Local, 93% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses and 84% of people indicated that they trust online reviews more than a personal recommendation. These are amazing numbers and indicate the power of online reviews.
- Improves SEO – Positive online reviews are one of the most important ranking factors when it comes to local search. Quality reviews are a strong indication that your business is trustworthy and has some authority in the marketplace.
- Identifies Problems – Several reviews may indicate an area of the business that needs to be addressed. Reviews can show trends and can be a valuable tool in getting feedback from your customers.
- Can help with customer retention – With quality review monitoring, measured responses to negative reviews, and addressing issues in real life, you can help retain customers that would otherwise find someone else the next time they need help. It can also provide public proof that you will go above and beyond to address any problems that come up.
- Can be used in future promotion – Quality reviews from your customers always go a long way to helping others make decisions to use your business. You can use these reviews in future marketing campaigns to highlight your successes.
As you can see, there are many reasons why contractors should be focused on getting good quality reviews. Having good quality reviews for your business boosts all other marketing activities. There is nothing else that comes close to the impact that a small business can experience from getting quality positive reviews.
The Right Way to Quality Reviews
Right Way local can help your business grow with reputation management tools that help you monitor online reviews across sites, respond to them from one place, and provide a proven system for getting positive reviews from new and existing customers. When coupled with our tools to attract new leads and increase traffic, businesses can maximize the impact of their marketing efforts.